- Insiders who have full knowledge of the
gifts exchanged between Monica Lewinsky and President Clinton tell the
DRUDGE REPORT that Clinton wore a tie during last night's national TV address
that was given to him by Monica Lewinsky!
- The silver-blue tie, with little black
checkers, was the first tie Monica Lewinsky gave President Clinton early
in their relationship. And investigators may ask Lewinsky about that tie
when she makes an appearance before the grand jury later this week, it
has been learned.
- "It's Bill Clinton playing with
fire," warns one case insider. "This is his finger to the world."
- Bill Clinton may have not even remembered
that Monica Lewinsky gave him the tie, but one source, directly involved
in the case, strongly doubts it.
- "I know it's unbelievable, but he
was wearing her tie!"
- The White House offered no immediate
- The NEW YORK TIMES fronts a story on
another tie sighting in Wednesday editions, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.
- "When President Clinton strode into
the Rose Garden on August 6, his jazzy gold and navy necktie stood out
sharply against his white shirt and sent a jolt through certain lawyers
around town... According to what Ms. Lewinsky told a close friend, Ms.
Lewinsky told the president that because they would not be able to see
each other every day, 'when I see you wearing this tie I'll know that I
am close to your heart.'
- DRUDGE FOOTNOTE: It was Halloween of
1997. The romance was over between Lewinsky and Clinton. Even the phone
sex had cooled. It was a dangerous time, with lawyers for Paula Jones
looking into Clinton's activities. Monica Lewinsky gave the president a
little jack-o'-lantern lapel pin, according to case intelligence. Videos
and pictures track how the president wore it all day, during all of his
- Tripp Wants To Return To Workplace -
Pentagon Silent By Matt Druge - The Drudge Report 8-18-98 **Exclusive**
- With her grand jury testimony now over,
Linda Tripp would like to return to her desk at the Pentagon, the DRUDGE
REPORT has learned. But her superiors at the Pentagon have not allowed
her to return.
- Tripp views this as a clear sign that
they do not want her back, according to sources, and that her 18-year government
career is ending.
- She has requested to return to her former
position as Director of the J.C.O.C. program -- and her request has not
- Tripp, who was not available for comment
on this report, had asked for a resolution of this problem by August 13.
There has been no response.
- Tripp has been working out of her house
since she became a main witness to the Office of the Independent Counsel
last January. She has not worked at her desk at the Pentagon since the
Monica Lewinsky story became public.
- Is there a whistle-blower lawsuit to
- Tripp is said to be considering her options
- The Tapes Cometh?
- "I wish we could release the tapes
on Tuesday, after whatever he does on Monday, so people would realize the
depravity that has gone on... [depravity] is the best word I can find for
- That's what Lucianne Goldberg told me
on WABC-AM Saturday night.
- The country may soon get its first listen
to the tapes that started a political nightmare. But first, according
to Goldberg, there are legal issues surrounding public release.
- "We want to get the tapes out!"
Goldberg told New York City. "We have copyright problems. But we
are trying... Linda Tripp did not sacrifice her career and her livelihood
and her sanity for all of these months to spend years in the court with
litigation. So we have to work our way through. But I know we will find
- The tapes contain shocking details, not
yet publicly known, about the former White House intern's alleged relationship
with the president.