- (NOTE - Comments and opposing views are welcome)
- Hard Evidence Homosexuals Can Not Be Entrusted
with the Custody of Children: The Rape and Murder of Jesse Dirkhising in
- Let us make the rape and murder of Jesse Dirkhising the
turning point. Let us make Arkansas the place where the homosexual assault
on children, parents, and our civilization is defeated. It is up to us
to see that the implications of Jesse Dirkhising,s death are not ignored.
(For local news coverage of the murder go to http://www.nwamorningnew
s.com/search/index.shtml and type "Jesse Dirkhising" in the
- As pointed out in Joseph Farah's Commentary below, the
national news media has already ignored his death, as have the alleged
child advocate groups. Let us embrace this tragedy to do what should have
been done long ago - remove homosexuals from the child protection system,
foster care, mental health, social services and anywhere else that gives
them access and authority over children and parents. Let us put a few million
letters and e-mails on the Desk of Governor Mike Huckabee and the Arkansas
Legislature. (Contact information at the end below.) Tell everyone you
know about the atrocity that was committed upon Jesse Dirkhising in Arkansas.
- As evidenced by this death and the documentable acts
of anti-male/anti-family lesbians, some members of the homosexual community
are deficient in the basic decision-making and social skills required to
participate with the rest of us in a sustainable civilization. They have
SERIOUS 'boundary issues.' The hypocrites among them seek protection for
homosexuals while committing or ignoring atrocities against children, men
and women who choose to participate in families and child rearing.
- We can no longer tolerate this. It is time to bring this
insanity to a close before any other children are raped and murdered by
individuals so arrogant they literally believe it their right to do anything
they want to anyone. If there are any sane members of the homosexual community
left, you may want to consider the ultimate cost of continuing to ignore
the existence of barbarians among your own ranks. You may also benefit
from learning tolerance while demanding it from others.
- I take no pleasure in initiating this action. We have
the misfortune of living in one of those historically ugly times when people
who do nothing to fight a manifest evil only make the situation worse and
raise the ultimate cost. In my own commentaries I have argued that homosexuals
are entitled to the same human and constitutional rights as the rest of
us. Among the friends I have made over the years are homosexuals of both
persuasions. I do not believe that any of them would rape and kill a child.
The problem we must face is that the number of homosexuals with evil intent
is unknown. As the death of Jesse Dirkhising demonstrates, the number is
greater than zero. No one knows how much greater.
- We must act now to ensure that no other child suffers
the fate of Jesse Dirkhising.
- Our society has absolutely no moral obligation to allow
homosexuals anywhere near children as government employees, foster parents,
guardians, or any in other capacity, if it places a single child at risk
of rape, murder, or any other abuse at their hands. If homosexuals choose
a life style that precludes having children by any natural means we have
no right to make children guinea pigs in social experiments that place
them at risk of rape and murder. If for no other reasons, it is unethical
to conduct lethal experiments on human beings and illegal to subject human
beings to experiments without their informed written consent. Children
are by law incapable of giving informed consent. No adult, in any position
of authority, has a legitimate right to make a decision on behalf of a
child that places the child at risk of rape and death at the hands of a
segment of society that contains such predators as raped and killed Jesse
- The immediate goal of this campaign is to get Governor
Mike Huckabee (and ultimately the governor of each State) to take the following
- 1. Assign a sufficient number of trained, professional
State Police Investigators, not civilians imported from child protection
service agencies, to regularly interview every child in every form of State
custody to determine if they are being abused or molested by State employees,
foster family members, or contract service providers and therapists.
- 2. Transfer all homosexual State employees in positions
of authority over families and children to positions that do not give them
such authority and access. (Anyone who wants to assert this can not be
done because it violates homosexual rights must overcome the policy "if
we must err, we must err on the side of the child" and the legal precedent
of removing the human and constitutional rights of parents and children
to allegedly protect children from abuse and molestation.)
- We must ensure the gruesome death Jesse Dirkhising suffered
is not ignored. Every legislator, politician, bureaucrat, and homosexual
rights advocate must be asked to explain why any child should be placed
at risk of rape and death to satisfy the demands of individuals practicing
"alternate life styles." It is not an unfair question to ask
how many homosexuals seeking to become parents or guardians are doing so
with the ulterior motive of gaining access to children for personal gratification.
- Let us come together and do something now, so we never
have to read about another Jesse Dirkhising. Contact information for the
Arkansas Legislature, Governor Mike Huckabee and the Arkansas Democrat
Gazette are listed at the end of the Commentary below. Please do whatever
you can to help prevent anything like this ever occurring again in Arkansas
and in your own State.
- (The following commentary was forwarded to me by the
Lesbian Studies Institute. I retained the e-mail address. FOR LOCAL NEWS
COVERAGE OF THE MURDER GO TO: http://www.nwamorningnews.com/
search/index.shtml and type "Jesse Dirkhising" in search
- Reply-To: "Lesbian Studies Institute" <firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Fw: Not a hate crime Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:13:47 -0400
- Between The Lines
- By Joseph Farah Editor
- WND Exclusive Commentary 10-22-99
- Not A Hate Crime _____________________________
- His parents thought he was working as a hair stylist
- But when Prairie Grove, Ark., police responded to a 911
emergency call at 5 a.m. Sept. 26, they found 13-year-old Jesse Dirkhising
on the floor, unconscious, near death, one of his wrists bound with duct
- A half-hour later, he was pronounced dead at St. Mary's
Hospital in Roger[s].
- A police investigation determined young Jesse was repeatedly
raped over a period of hours, including with foreign objects. While enduring
this ordeal, his ankles, knees and wrists were bound in duct tape and he
was gagged and blindfolded. He was tied to a mattress. He may have been
drugged, police say. A sedative called amitryptiline was found in the home
of two men -- Joshua Brown, 22, and David Don Carpenter, 38 -- along with
- There were other drugs, too -- and items commonly used
in sexual bondage. Apparently the boy was left bound and gagged after the
last rape, while his attackers went to get a sandwich to eat.
- The cops say two men raped Jesse at least six times.
Brown and Carpenter have each been charged with six counts of rape and
capital murder. Hearings in their case are set for Dec. 8 and Jan. 13-14.
The trial is scheduled for April 10.
- Just another brutal local crime, you say? Why is Farah
recounting a police blotter story from Arkansas? I don't know. Something
bothers me about this story. It ought to bother us.
- It was big news in Northwest Arkansas, but the story
of Jesse Dirkhising hasn't made a ripple in the national news. I wonder
why? I wonder if it's because the victim is not a part of some politically
protected sub-group, a special class deserving of extra government privileges?
I wonder if it is because the suspects are, indeed, members of such a group.
- Remember how the nation stood riveted to the details
of a hideous murder that took place in Wyoming when a homosexual was tortured
to death? Never mind that the crime had little or nothing to do with the
victim's sexual proclivities. Uh-uh. That didn't matter. This was a hate
crime. New laws were needed. New brainwashing programs must be introduced
into the schools. New sensitivity outreach projects were required by all
media outlets. Bill Clinton sounded off. Janet Reno chimed in.
- And then there was Jesse Dirkhising. There was no hand
wringing, no candlelight marches, no national news coverage for the 13-year-old
victim of homosexual rape and murder. No presidential proclamations --
even though the heinous crime took place in his home state.
- Brown and Carpenter have pleaded not guilty to all charges,
by the way. When police got to their home that morning, they were met by
a very upset Carpenter, who repeatedly told the cops, "He's not breathing."
When police asked about the duct tape, Brown told the officers they were
"just playing a game." When questioned further, Brown allegedly
assaulted one of the officers. It was only then that he was arrested.
- Apparently the affidavit recounting the crime was so
gruesome that parts of it were sealed to protect the defendants' right
to a fair trial. During a hearing in Bentonville, Carpenter read details
of the complaint against him. As he read, Carpenter repeatedly shook his
head and muttered, "No." Meanwhile, members of Jesse Dirkhising's
family sat weeping, while his mother clutched a teddy bear and a photograph
of her son.
- "No one deserves to lose a child in this manner,"
said prosecuting attorney Brad Butler.
- That is true. But somebody did. Jesse Dirkhising was
brutally raped, tortured and murdered -- for fun, for thrills, for the
hell of it, because it felt good, maybe even because a certain politically
protected lifestyle has been elevated to virtual sainthood.
- I don't expect to hear Bill Clinton or Janet Reno weigh
in on this one. It just wouldn't be appropriate. It might offend their
core constituency. After all, 13-year-old boys don't vote anyway. They
don't contribute to political campaigns. They don't march and demand special
- But, in case anyone else is concerned, a fund has been
established to assist the family of Jesse Dirkhising with funeral and related
expenses. Donations may be made to Memorial Trust for Jesse, account number
600054043, at any Community Bank in the Elkins or Prairie Grove, Ark.,
area. Cards may be sent to the family care of the Benton County Prosecutor's
Office, 100 N.E. A Street, Bentonville, Ark., 72712
- God bless this little one. May he rest in peace.
- ==== CONTACT INFORMATION ====
- Arkansas State Homepage: http://www.state.ar.us
- Contact List for Governor Mike Huckabee ------------------------------------------------------------------------<
- Telephone Main Number - (501) 682-2345
- Chief of Staff - (501) 682- 3607
- Agency Liaison - (501) 682-2325 or (501) 682-3616
- Boards and Commissions - (501) 682-3570
- Communications - (501) 682-3642
- Constituent Services - (501) 682-8184
- Legal - (501) 682-3612
- Legislative Affairs - (501) 682-3680
- Scheduling - (501) 682-3680 FAX: (501) 682-3597
- TDD Only - (501) 682-7515
- e-Mail email@example.com or, use the
convenient e-mail form.
- State Capitol
- Little Rock, AR 72201
- ARKANSAS LEGISLATURE
- Link to Legislator e-mail addresses: h
- < /A>
- < /A>
- === ARKANSAS DEMOCRAT-GAZETTE ===
- "The Democrat-Gazette welcomes your opinions.
Unfortunately, not all letters received can be published in the space available.
Clarity, brevity and originality are particularly valued in letters to
the editor. Send letters of preferably no more than 250 words to Voices,
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, Ark., 72203, by
FAX at [(501)] 372-3908, or visit our Web site, Arkansas Online at www.ardemgaz.com.
Please sign your letter and include a daytime telephone number for verification.
No anonymous letters or pseudonyms can be used. The contents of the Voices
page, including columns and staff cartoons, do not reflect the opinions
of the Democrat Gazette, which are found only in the editorial column of
the Editorial page. The views expressed by columnists are their own.
- James Roger Brown THE SOCIOLOGY CENTER
- 3612 JFK Boulevard
- North Little Rock, AR 72116
- Telephone: (501) 771-7527
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Kenneth ElderEco@aol.com 10-30-99
- In reference to the article by Mr. James Brown about
the boy killed in Arkansas, everyone should feel compassion for a 13 yr.
old brutally molested and killed. But the next time that a 13 yr. old
girl is raped and killed by two heterosexual men should we call for the
elimination of all heterosexual men from child care positions with girls?
Of course not. The vast majority of rapes are committed by heterosexual
men against women. Another fact is that 75% of children of homosexual
parent or parents turn out heterosexual, they are not being forced into
their parents lifestyle. This article is based on anger not logic and
reveals a bigoted fundamentalist bias not consistent with true spiritual
intuition. Sincerely, Kenneth Elder