- The cheapest cooking oil on the market today is called
canola. It is used to fry potatoes in fast food restaurants and is found
on the list of ingredients for mayonnaise sold in health food stores. Canola
is taking the place of peanut oil in peanut butter and is being blended
with olive oil for domestic kitchen use.
- Canola is a name that recently appeared in the marketplace
and is apparently derived from Canadian-oil. Canola oil is actually produced
from the rape seed plant. Rape (Brassica napus), a member of the mustard
family, is listed in the Encyclopedia Britannica as a poisonous plant with
toxic effects which include pulmonary emphysema, respiratory distress,
anemia, constipation, irritability and blindness in cattle.
- According to John Thomas, author of Young Again: How
to Reverse the Aging Process, The name canola disguised the introduction
of rape oil to America.
- Rape oil was widely used in animal feeds in Great Britain
between 1986 and 1991 at which time its use was discontinued, Thomas wrote.
- Most people remember the mad cow disease epidemic and
that cows, pigs and sheep went blind, behaved insanely, attacked other
animals and people and had to be destroyed.
- Reports at the time blamed the erratic behavior of livestock
on a viral disease called scrapie (in sheep and pigs) and mad cow disease
in cattle. However, when rape oil was removed from animal feed, 'scrapie'
disappeared, Thomas explained.
- According to Dr. Len Horowitz, author of Emerging Viruses,
AIDS and Ebola: Nature, Accident or Intentional, What is scrapie in sheep,
mad cow disease in cattle, wasting disease in wild game animals, whirling
disease in fish is Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease in people.
- English experts told people not to panic if they had
been cooking with rape oil when mad cow disease was at its peak in Great
Britain, said Thomas. The 'experts' added that the effects of rape oil
ingestion takes at least 10 years to manifest.
- With grain prices down and grass seed growers faced with
increasing opposition to their seasonal field burning, beautiful yellow
rape fields are contrasting deep green panoramas of what has traditionally
been field after field of grasses and grains in the northwest United States.
Rape, the most toxic of all food-oil plants that has no natural insectoid
predators, is a weed that can grow vigorously in most climates and terrains
throughout North America.
- Rape toxicity
- The toxic properties of the rape plant are cyanide-containing
compounds called isothiocyanates. Thomas explains that cyanide inhibits
the production of ATP in our bodies. ATP is the energy molecule that powers
the body and keeps us healthy and young.
- According to Thomas, ...glaucoma is the result of insufficient
blood flow due to agglutination (clumping together) of the red blood cells
and waste buildup on the cells and intercellular fluids. Thomas believes
that ingestion of rape over time may cause glaucoma.
- Thomas also believes that ingestion of rape over several
years causes other vision irregularities such as retinitis.
- Thomas explains how the clumped red blood cells cannot
squeeze through the tiny capillaries in the posterior of the eye and, therefore,
cannot deliver oxygen to the mitochondria (the rod-shaped bodies in a cell
that facilitate the metabolism of fats, sugars and proteins).
- Rape oil, as metabolized in the body, produces the latex-like
substance that causes the agglutination of red blood cells, explained Thomas.
- In this respect, glaucoma has much in common with hair
loss, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy and hearing
- Rape and the central nervous system
- Rape is an acetlycholinesterase inhibitor. Acetylcholine
is critical to the transmission of signals from nerves to muscles. When
the normal function of aceytlcholinesterase is compromised, nerve fibers
are not able to send the signals properly and muscles will not respond
- In the last 20 years we have seen a dramatic increase
in muscular disorders such as multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy. Soy
and (rape) oils are players in the outbreak of these disease conditions.
So are the organophosphates--insecticides such as malthion-- used in food
production in the name of efficiency, commented Thomas.
- There are many people throughout the country who are
convinced that rape oil is poisonous to the human body and that the body
digests rape in such a fashion that congests the blood and restricts the
flow of lymph fluid which can cause a myriad of physical and psychological
disorders. Moreover, using processed foods containing canola oil, soy oil
and chemical additives confuses the body and weakens the immune system,
- Thomas recommends that anybody who desires to enjoy optimal
health must take personal responsibility for what they put into their bodies.
'Health care' industry is an oxymoron, concluded Thomas; it protects its
own health and its own economic interests. Learn to protect your health
and economic interests by learning how to take care of yourself. Then act
on that knowledge.
- Young Again: How to Reverse the Aging Process is published
by Promotion Publishing, San Diego, CA. _____
- The Idaho Observer P.O. Box 1353 Rathdrum, Idaho 83858-1353
Phone: 208-687-9441 Email: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org@dmi.net