- Admiral Thomas H. Moorer, former chairman of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff -- the nation,s highest military official -- warns that
America risks a nuclear Pearl Harbor if the U.S. loses control of the Panama
- "I feel today as I did on the eve of Pearl Harbor.
America is in danger and we could face another Pearl Harbor - only this
time it may be a nuclear Pearl Harbor," Admiral Moorer writes in NewsMax.com.
- The Clinton Administration is set to relinquish control
of the Canal at Midnight, December 31 of this year. The giveaway, Moorer
writes, will give de facto control of the strategic waterway to the communist
Chinese. A company with links to the Red Chinese will operate and maintain
the canal, and control ports at each end of the Canal.
- Admiral Moorer fears that in the not too distant future
a conflict will arise with communist China. By controlling the Panama Canal,
the Chinese will have the ability to interdict or impede U.S. naval and
- Additionally, with the Canal just 300 miles from the
U.S. border, China could covertly store munitions, including short-range
missiles outfitted with nuclear warheads, within easy striking distance
of U.S. cities like Houston, Los Angeles, and Miami.
- Admiral Moorer predicts the U.S. will eventually have
to reclaim the Canal using military force and at a cost in U.S. lives.
- In an exclusive report on NewsMax.com, Admiral Moorer
says it is vitally important for the U.S. to maintain a military presence
in Panama. He says it is not to late to stop the Panama Canal giveaway.
- Admiral Thomas H. Moorer served as a military officer
under six U.S. presidents, and was on active duty during World War II,
and the Korean and Vietnam Wars. During his distinguished career, he commanded
the Seventh Fleet, the Pacific Fleet, NATO,s Allied Command, Atlantic,
and the U.S. Atlantic Fleet. Admiral Moorer served two terms as Chairman
of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Check out the latest at http://www.newsmax.com