- (Note - Patty Doyle is a citizen...not a professional
journalist...who has been independently investigating the mutated West
Nile Virus outbreak in NY and the apparent high-level germ warfare research
at Plum Island.)
- I first learned about Plum Island, the Foreign Animal
Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, in June of this year. A chance meeting of
an acquaintance, who had been an independent contractor for Plum Island,
has led me into this investigation oddessy. At the time of our discussion,
he expressed his concern for safety issues at Plum Island. In fact, he
was so concerned that he quit after only 2 weeks.
- Plum Island is located near the North Fork area of Long
Island, New York. It is about 2 miles from Orient Pt., and 13 miles across
the Long Island Sound from the US Naval Submarine base at Groton, Ct. It
is also about 10 miles across the Sound from Old Lyme, Ct. Plum Island
is only accessable by Government ferry.
- The island and its animal disease facility were formerly
known as Ft. Terry. Ft. Terry was named for Army Maj. Gen. Alfred N. Terry.
Plum Island, land born of retreating glacial ice, was once settled by Thomas
Gardiner (1724-1786), who was the Son of Narragansett's John Gardiner.
Thomas Gardiner's tombstone, remains on the island.
- Plum Island, a scruffy, pork chop shapped piece of land,
is named for the sea plums that grow along its shoreline. It has belonged
to the Government in part, and then, entirely, since 1826. In 1826, the
precursor to our modern Coast Guard was deeded several acres of the southwestern
tip of the island...the site where the present lighthouse sits today.
- In 1897, another 150 acres of the 643 acres was given
to the Government for 'defense.' In 1901, the War Department was then
given the remainder of the island. Plum Island, located just south of Block
Island, is ideally situated at the Atlantic Ocean approach to New York
City...which is 136 miles away. During World War II, the island was augmented
and updated by the government.
- In 1948, when Foot and Mouth Disease was officially eradicated,
an animal disease laboratory was built on the Island. At that time FMD,
as well as other diseases affecting livestock, were to be studied. The
Iron Curtain had just descended upon Europe, and the US began biowar research
to study ways of destroying Soviet livestock.
- In 1954, when Ft. Terry officially closed its doors,
134 strains of 13 viruses collected from all over the world were handed
over the new Plum Island Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Center.
- Early documentation does suggest that Plum Island was,
indeed, involved in biological war research. The biowar research continued
until the biological warfare program was 'officially' ended in 1969 by
President Richard Nixon.
- Biocontainment Level 5
- Officially listed as a Level 3 facility, I have deteremined
that Plum Island is, in reality, a Biocontainment Level 5 Facility...the
only known such facility in the U.S. According to documents that I have
obtained from the 1998 USAHA (United States Animal Health Association)
website, Dr. Mike Kiley, and also the previous Director (until July 1999)
Dr. Alfonso Torres, *both* refer to Plum Island as the "only Biocontainment
Level 5 Facility in the U.S."
- Biocontainment at Level 5 is partially-dependent upon
Plum Island being located where it is, with prevailing winds that blow
offshore. Unfortunately, the birds and winds from storms tend to blow onshore.
- Documented Safety Violations
- As a matter of public record, EPA enforcement documents
and FOIA, Plum Island has been cited as recently as Spring/Summer 1999
for High Priority Violations of RCRA (resource conservation and Recovery
Act) and Significant Violator, CAA (clean air act).
- In 1998 there was a suit by Dennis Vacco, the N.Y. State
Attorney General, against the Federal Government for Plum Island dumping
hazardous waste into Long Island Sound.
- In 1995, Plum Island was fined for the improper storing
of hazardous objects.
- In 1993, 10 dead infected lab bird carcasses were left
in the outside corridor of the exotic animal disease lab.
- Incidently, I did interview a USDA, ARS APHIS representative,
Sandy Hays, who told me that Plum Island does not have lab birds. I was
quite surprised, inasmuch as Plum Island studies exotic foreign diseases,
many of which are bird host, anthropod vector.
- During that interview I asked about the in-facility hospital.
A source who worked on the Island told me that there is, indeed, an in-house
hospital. Ms. Hays claims there is no hospital on the Island.
- 'West Nile Virus' Outbreak And Dead Lobsters
- When I learned about the outbreak of the brand new altered/mutated
strain of West Nile Virus, I began to spend more and more time investigating
- I have learned that Plum Island had a fiber-optic cable
installed and finalized in March, 1999. During the finalization of the
installation of that cable, by STV, Inc. power to the island and the facility
had to be cut. All power was to go through the cable, even back-up power.
- Plum Island uses a negative pressurization to maintain
biocontainment. In other words, as you go to the center of the facility,
where the exotic disease labs are located, the pressure is depressurized.
This would prevent microbes from release should an accident happen. Negative
pressurization depends on power. I have been told that the power to the
facility was cut to finalize the installation of the cable.
- I have learned that in the 1970's there was an accidental
release of microbes. All of the people were safely evacuated, in paper
clothes, from the Island. The animals were incinerated and then the Island
and Facility was sprayed with toxic chemicals to decontaminate it.
- The investigation of Plum Island is still ongoing. I
am also investigating the death of the lobster population in Long Island
Sound. Lobsters are dying by the millions. I feel this mass die-off is
related to the material uncovered in my Plum Island investigation. I am,
also, still in the process of investigating the 'West Nile Virus.'
- Threats To Stop The Investigation
- Thus far, I have found an equid outbreak of the same/or
almost the same strain of West Nile Virus, not far from the United Nations
Biocontainment level 5 facility in Italy. The outbreak happened Fall of
- According to the charter of the diagnostic facility at
Plum Island, foreign disease samples should have gone to Plum Island during
- My latest findings also places Japanese Encephalitis
at the Plum Island facility. In addition, Plum Island doctors have tested
Japanese Encephalitis vaccine on HUMAN VOLUNTEERS.
- Evidently, I have unknowingly stumbled upon something
that "someone" in "some" agency does not want made
- One of the last radio programs that myself and my partner
William Thomas did, is mysteriously now unavailable on the internet archives.
- A friend and confident who had worked in the US Military
Biowar program and who has friends at some of the alphabet soup agencies,
told me that I have attracted the attention of someone in an agency. He
said, "they want to keep what I have discovered, in the shadows."
He also said that they want to silence me.
- My investigation continues. When I first began, I tried
to get the documents to the mainstream media. NO TAKERS.
- I sent the info to William Thomas, the author of "Bringing
the War Home," and "Scorched Earth." William Thomas very
bravely took over the investigation for me.
- I am not a professional, I am just a private citizen
who began to ask questions. Many of which remain unanswered at this time.
- I am sincerely grateful, To William Thomas, who took
time from his busy schedule and his own investigations, specifically of
the Chemtrails, to help me. I could not carry one without his help. I sincerely
want to thank you, Will Thomas.
- I, also, want to thank Jeff Rense, Art Bell, and David
Oates for enabling me to have a forum to discuss my research.
- As for my health, my friend (whom I fondly call' Capt.
X') is quite concerned. There are those in our Government who want this
to remain in the shadows. I just cannot go along with that. I am continuing
my investigation with my partner, William Thomas. Together, we are in the
process of explaining where a pathogen, never before seen in the Continental
U.S., has originated.
- I will keep updating the Plum Island, Biocontainment
Level 5, story.
- Patty Doyle
- ** As a footnote: The Italian West Nile virus has been
traced back to Senegal
- 1993. I am in the process of checking labs near that
outbreak and will keep
- you updated.
- NOTE - The same altered/mutated strain breaks out near
labs on three
- different Continents.
- Also, my computer has been sent a new virus. I have had
to take many drastic
- measure to maintain all of its memory. I am also unable
to access and send
- via netscape at this time. For some reason, as yet,
unexplained to me, I
- access the mail server. Whenever I attempt to contact
Will Thomas via e-mail,
- his computer crashes. I have made hard copies of all
documents and they are
- distributed between 2 safe deposit boxes in someone else's
- I think the alphabet soup guys have used our tax dollars
to pay some hackers
- to wreak havoc on my computer. Just when I think I took
care of the virus,
- it seems my computer exhibits signs of contamination.
- My provider has 3 phone numbers for me to use to get
on line. Now, when I try
- to use an alternate number, netscape will not function
- I am trying to place Dr. Yilma in Senegal 1993.
- West Nile Virus
- Outbreak In Italy!
- From Patty Doyle <email@example.com
- Hi Jeff... I am backtracking here:
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: PRO/AH West nile virus encephalitis, equids
- From: ProMED-AHEAD <email@example.com
- Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:09:33 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- A ProMED-mail post
- [My expertise in Italian extends to gestures, which are
inappropriate for e-mail communications. Therefore, when we received the
message below (translated and summarized from the original by the kindness
of Abramo Ottolenghi), I contacted Dr. Loredana Nicoletti, Istituto Superiore
di Sanita, Rome <firstname.lastname@example.org and asked for her comments,
which are found below the translated report. - Mod.CHC]
- Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:35:28 +0100 From: Mario Giannessi
- There has been an outbreak in horses of West Nile encephalitis
in Tuscany (region) specifically in the provinces of Pistoia, Luca, Pisa
and Florence. There were six officially reported cases (with several tens
not reported, including some oustide of Tuscany). Some horses have been
euthanized but some have recovered after treatment. A sanitary cordon
has been established by the authorities encompassing twenty boroughs within
the above mentioned provinces. This cordoned off area includes the Bientina
and Fucecchio wetlands where the is an abundance of water fowl and mosquitoes.
The cases were reported from horse farms in these areas. The preliminary
diagnosis, on the basis of serology, was confirmed by virus isolation at
the Pasteur Institute of Paris. There have been no new cases for more
than a month.
- Dr. Mario Giannessi
- Veterinario di Sanità Animale, presso i Servizi
Veterinari della Regione
- Toscana. e-mail: email@example.com
- [West Nile virus (WNV) is a member of the family Flaviviridae,
genus _Flavivirus_ and is most closely related antigenically and genetically
to Japanese encephalitis, St. Louis encephalitis, Murray valley encephalitis,
among the more well known flaviviruses. West Nile virus was first isolated
in Egypt, then in many regions of Africa all the way to South Africa, as
well as in Europe and Asia.
- Here is what Dr. Nicoletti told me: "Dr. Giannessi
told me that since last August several cases of encephalitis occurred in
horses trained near Florence and Pisa. On the basis of serological surveys,
the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale of Teramo hypothesized a West
Nile virus infection. The actual number of horses involved is unknown but
at least three [at least six - Mod CHC] of them died. Brain samples were
sent to Pasteur Institute in Paris. I meet Vincent Deubel last week and
he told me he isolated a strain of virus, identified as West Nile virus,
by PCR. Now the temperature in Italy is cold (much colder than one can
imagine for a Mediterranean country) and no additional cases were diagnosed
during the last month. No human cases were diagnosed.
- In the past we hypothesized the presence of a West Nile-related
virus on the basis of serologic survey by HI on sheep and goats, but we
never could demonstrate the presence of true neutralizing antibodies, nor
we could isolate any virus from mosquitoes collected in these regions."
- Calisher again: This is fascinating. WNV has been shown
to be responsible for clinical disease in only a small proportion of infected
humans; a recent investigation of epidemic WNV infection in Romania indicated
an apparent-to-inapparent infection ratio of 1:325. The Romanian epidemic
took us all by surprise in that antibody to WNV had been found in many
human and other vertebrate populations in Europe and WNV had been isolated
only a few times in Portugal and France, as I recall, but few human or
equid cases had been identified; I am certain that antibody to WNV was
detected in humans and livestock in the former Yugoslavia (Croatia), which
is quite near to Italy. Most of the early antibody determinations had
been made using the broadly cross-reactive hemagglutination-inhibition
test, suggesting, as did Dr. Nicoletti, that we were dealing with a virus
closely related to WNV but not necessarily that virus. Given the Romanian
epidemic in humans and these cases in Italian horses, it appears that either
WNV infections have been under recognized or ignored, or, at least as likely,
that WNV is an emerging disease threat to both humans and equids. Perhaps
Dr. Deubel will comment on the gene sequences and molecular epidemiology
of West Nile viruses, including those from Italy and Romania. - Mod.CHC]
- I think this is significant. We have an outbreak of equid
West Nile, same altered strain, not far from the Trieste Bio Level 5 facility.
If you look at a map, the Trieste facility is located on water. I wonder
how the fishing was there last Fall 1998? I will check all similiarities
to Plum Island. The Italian strain of the altered virus is the same as
the 1993 Senegal virus. I am trying to find out where the laboratory was
situated in Senegal.
- We more then likely have deliberate open air releases
from the labs.