- Jeff's Daily Organic, Vegan,
Non-Dairy Total Nutrition Drink
- "Nothing will benefit human health
or increase the chances for survival of life on earth as the evolution
to a vegetarian diet." - Albert Einstein
- Use a wholesome milk substitute - do
NOT use SOY beverages (see bottom of page). These are the best 'milk substitute'
products I can find and come in one quart containers...REFRIGERATE before
use. They are available at all good health food stores.
- * Pacific Natural Foods Organic Oat Non-Dairy
Low Fat Original
- (Widely available. Stay away from their
Vanilla version because it has Natural Flavors in it...which means MSG
and other appetite stimulants. This company, just like the maker
of Rice Dream, absolutely refused to tell me what is in their 'Natural
- * Manitoba Harvest Certified Organic
Hemp Bliss Chocolate Non-Dairy Beverage.
- (Widely available. This is an outstanding
product from Canada based on the wonder plant hemp...loaded with top quality
- Here we go... Shake liquid products
up well and pour one-half carton (quart) of each of the above in any good
blender (Oster is an excellent brand). Or, you can substitute for
one of the above, an equal portion of organic orange or some other juice.
- Add: One Banana (optional), peanut
butter, or fresh or frozen berries or other fruit.
- Protein: I am partial to HEMP protein
products. The best two I have found - and use in equal parts in each
- * Nutiva's Organic Hemp Shake and
Ruth's Raw Hemp Protein Powder with MACA and E3 Live
- * Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend (2-3 Tbsns)
- * Udo's Beyond Greens (or ANY good
'green' product...many out there)
- * Udo's Fast Food Blend (or other
similar whole food powders)
- * (1-2 Tsp) Liquid Or Powdered
- * Raw Almonds/Walnuts (6-8)
- Daily Supplements - These can be blended
into the drink...I usually empty the caps into the blender
- Vitamin D 2,000 iu (VegLife
vegan brand) 6,000 - 10,000 IU per day
- Daily Multi-Vitamin/Mineral (Simply
One Family brand) 1 per day in the drink
- Co Q-10 400 mg (NOW brand) 600mg
if having health issues
- Silymarin 2X - 300 mg Milk
Thistle Extract (NOW brand) 3 caps emptied in drink
- Selenium 200 mg (NOW brand) 1
cap emptied in drink
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 200 mg (NOW brand)
1 cap emptied in drink
- Vitamin C 5,000 mg
- Calcium - Magnesium (many choices)
- These are what I take. There are
a zillion other supplements...have fun!
- * Confused About Soy?
- High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce
assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid
in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking,
sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth
problems in children. Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein
digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals, soy containing
trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.
- Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine
function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast
cancer in adult women. Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents
that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption
of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease/ Vitamin B12
analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body's requirement
- Soy foods increase the body's requirement
for vitamin D. Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing
to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein. Processing
of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly
carcinogenic nitrosamines. Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin,
is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to
many soy foods. Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic
to the nervous system and the kidneys.
- Read this OUTSTANDING article - 'The
Dark Side Of Soy'
- * Rice Dream Organic - Original Flavor
(This 'Organic' version of Rice Dream Original is brand new.
I used to recommend Chocolate or Carob Rice Dream but the company added
'Natural Flavors' to them. I phoned the corporate offices and identified
myself as a nationally-syndicated journalist as asked them what, exactly,
is in their 'Natural Flavors.' I went up through three different levels
of supervisors at the company, and all three flatly refused to disclose
to me what is in their 'Natural Flavors'...which tells me they certainly
contain MSG...used to drive up sales. Read labels!)