- Note - Kenny Young was Jeff's guest Thursday,
6-4-98, during which time he played the amazing 911 police dispatch tape
recordings of the December 14, 1994 Trumbull County UFO incident. To hear
the show via RealAudio, click on Archives on our homepage and select the
June 4 program. Scroll fast forward to the 01:29 point to hear the beginning
of Kenny's appearance.
- We salute Kenny for his outstanding and
lengthy investigation of this major encounter, and for his successful quest
to secure these most important audio recordings of the Trumbull County
Dispatch center and police officers involved in the obersvation and pursuit
of the UFO.
- The following transcript of the dispatch
tapes is courtesy of Kenny Young <task@FUSE.NET. ______________
- This is a summation of the 9-1-1 Dispatch
tapes regarding the December
- 14, 1994 Trumbull County UFO incident.
It is not a word-for-word
- transcript. At times, more specific quotes
will appear when deemed
- important. Special comments will appear
- Many persons are part of this drama.
Their names are not all known.
- Police radio correspondence indicates
a UNIT NUMBER to designate a
- particular officer on duty. During later
portions of the tape when
- a more frantic climate arises, it is
impossible to determine who is
- talking. Unit numbers are not always
known, as will be indicated.
- A prominent person is Central Dispatch
for Liberty Township,
- Ms. Royanne Rudolph. The time is around
or after midnight.
- A UFO report has already been received
at the Liberty
- Township dispatch office, this is not
reflected on the
- present tape (because tapes changed at
midnight), but is
- referenced. Evidently, the first caller
was a female, and
- hysterically reporting a low-level object
near her home.
- Begin summation:
- County Dispatch (CD): 9-1-1, may I help
- Male caller #1: What do you know of a
strange object in the
- sky? It is strange, like the back end
of a fighter plane with flames
- coming out the back. The object was descending
at an angle.
- CD then reports to Unit # 996, advising
him of vehicle in
- the sky near Samson Drive.
- #996 & #998 ask for description of
- CD to Bob [perhaps a supervisor]: 4-calls
were received regarding a
- UFO over Liberty. This conversation is
very lively, CD plays back
- tape of previous call to Bob. CD laughs,
Bob laughs. Bob then
- advises CD to call the airbase. CD says
this will 'start a frickin'
- panic.' Bob says 'Mr. Spock' is in town,
laughs about being abducted.
- CD again asserts that there were 4 or
5 UFO calls.
- #993 advisess he will be in the area
of Samson Drive. He
- requests a specific locality where he
- CD advises #993 of 4 different calls
regarding UFO in the
- sky. At this point, the time is now 12:30
a.m. as the
- dispatcher announces.
- A phone call is received by CD from a
news reporter from
- Channel 33 in Youngstown. Her name is
Stacey. Channel 33 has
- received an additional call of a UFO
at Samson Drive from a
- female caller to the newsroom.
- CD to Ch.33: "Why are they in Liberty?
There's no intelligent life
- here!" She laughingly adds that
a Star Trek sequel is being filmed in
- Liberty. Ch. 33 tells CD that caller
described a bluish-green object
- with no noise, flying low. The big, glowing
object, which came down
- and 'zooped over' was now flying up the
Fifth Avenue Extension. CD
- tells Ch. 33 to do a story on the water
in Liberty, because it is
- making people crazy. CD laughs, and adds
that 'jokers are on the force
- tonight' CD tells Ch.33 that they will
be given the exclusive about
- the UFO, laughingly.
- A female caller phones in to ask for
- reporting a strange airplane or something
in the air on
- Samson Drive. The caller says it might
be a flying saucer,
- and it is not an airplane. She says it
is down 'awfully
- low.' This person was asked if she was
the same person
- who called Ch.33, and she said: "No."
She described the
- object as iridescent in color, bluish
purple like a long
- streak with fire coming out the back
- Unit #993 to CD, explains that a civilian
stopped him, saying the
- object appeared to be hovering about
50-feet off the ground. The
- civilian said it was a large object with
many lights on it, and it
- was heading toward the area of Sodom
and Hutchins Road. The officer
- advised that he would check the area.
- CD to #993
- Advises that another report near Samson
Drive and call from media
- referencing the blue-green object at
Fifth Avenue Extension.
- Unit #998: See's some lights about one
block over, large object.
- CD requests #996 backup, then #925.
- #996 copies, enroute.
- Unit #998 catches glimpse of UFO while
driving on Samson Road.
- The object is heading to Fifth Avenue.
Lights seen in area.
- Officer comments: "Should I set
my phaser for stun?"
- Unit #996 is now on Fifth Avenue Extension.
Advises that the
- object is "like a red, pulsating
- CD to units: Object should be blue and
- #996: "What I saw was red like a
pulsating light, like to the bottom
- of an airplane, but it was real big."
- CD announces: "We will now contact
the airbase at this time, stand by.
- #996: "Maybe its a flying Christmas
- CD: "Any green men?"
- CD advises that no more calls had been
- CD places a phone call to AF Base, no
answer. CD then calls
- FAA control tower at Youngstown/Warren
- (856-4541). CD advises FAA operator of
UFO at Samson Drive
- and Fifth Avenue Extension, adds that
the object is 'in our
- jurisdiction,' and that call is not a
- FAA: "I am looking at the radarscope,
60-mile diameter of Youngstown
- and there is 'nothing' out there.
- CD: "Oh shit."
- FAA: "Not even anything up high,
- CD advises of 5 calls, asks if FAA would
be able to monitor a Cessna
- airplane w/headlight on radar.
- FAA replies: "Depends on how high
& low. If low, radar coverage isn't
- any good."
- CD explains that she doesn't want to
tell units that FAA has no track
- of UFO on radar. She asks if FAA has
a 'clause' used to dismiss
- FAA: "Could be, could be. Maybe
it was a helicopter or something like
- that, flying low. Are you close to a
- CD: "As low as they said it was
from the ground, it would be
- approximately 5-miles from the hospital."
CD indicates that the area in
- question is closer to the Vienna Township
line, near the Vienna Airbase
- FAA: "We haven't had anything going
on. About a half-hour ago a [took off]
- out here northbound and climbed up high,
but there's nothing now in that
- CD: I'm advising you of this, file it
in the "G-for garbage" can if
- you want to.
- CD puts FAA on hold, comes back to say
4 to 6 calls have now come in
- regarding a UFO above Samson Drive and
Fifth Avenue. The object is
- low to the ground with no noise, and
hovered for some time prior to
- departure down Fifth Avenue Extension.
Advises that a unit also
- observed a red object.
- FAA: "I can refer you to an 800-number
for UFO reports during
- business hours."
- CD: "No."
- FAA: "I don't see anything out there,
nothing on radarscope and we
- don't really do anything with the information."
- CD: "Well, I thought I'd pass it
on to you in case just so I'd do my
- More Central Dispatch-to-Unit correspondence
at this point
- Unit #998: In clear now, doesn't see
object anymore, but has no idea
- what he saw. Says: "Might have been
a light in the sky."
- Unit #925: Surrounding jurisdictions
advised to stop and interrogate
- "if they come across that."
- Female caller to CD, asking about UFO.
CD says dispatcher
- presently on phone with airbase at this
time. Liberty thinks
- it is from the airbase.
- CD to Units: We've contacted FAA, they
have nothing nor communication
- with private vehicles or helicopters.
- Unit #998: Then they're not aware of
- CD: Negative. They have nothing nor communication
- vehicles or helicopters.
- Unit #998: OK.
- CD: We are continually getting calls
on this also. The last call was
- two minutes ago.
- Unit #998: What's the area?
- CD: Still Samson & Fifth.
- UNKNOWN UNIT #1: We're right there, there's
nothing there now.
- UNKNOWN UNIT #2: [jokingly] It's only
visible to certain people.
- Unit #998 to CD: If you get any more
calls, I'd like an address. I'd
- like to speak to people making the calls.
- CD: Copy.
- Unit #998: I will be out of service a
couple of minutes, I have to
- gather my thoughts.
- CD: Copy gathering, 12:58 [time marker].
- Unit #998: I'm ok now, I'm back in service.
- CD: Back in service, 12:59 [time marker]
- This segment is a phone discussion between
CD and Unit #998
- about the object. Unit #998 shaken, describes
big red glow
- 'bright as daylight on the ground.' Explains
- civilian on the road. Describes red object,
- treetop level.
- Unit #429 advises CD that UFO is east
of her location. She leaves post
- to go look. #429 says that he has been
watching the object for 10
- minutes with binoculars, and the object
has not moved. Unit #429 says
- that there was a UFO sighting two weeks
earlier, as well.
- UNKNOWN UNIT A: We have a pretty good
view out here near Kings Grave.
- UNKNOWN UNIT B: Looks like I'm getting
pretty close here.
- UNIT #429: That bugger has not moved.
- UNKNOWN UNIT B: I'm going over to Leven
[Road?] right now and starting
- to maybe get next to it here...
- UNIT #429: It's just above the trees,
- UNKNOWN UNIT: The airbase should know
what this is.
- UNIT #429: Mikey's up here now, he's
looking through the binocs, it
- looks like it might've moved. It moved
from one side of the tree to
- UNKNOWN FEMALE VOICE: It's over around
- UNKNOWN UNIT: Ridge already, Ridge at
- UNKNOWN UNIT: It's doing circles.
- Two units attempt to triangulate the
position of the UFO from