- Subscribers may care to note that during
the period of Errol's departure to a more profitable and we trust warmer
climate, a report entitled, Rendlesham Unravelled', will be published on
the events which took place at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge and Rendlesham
Forest in late December 1980.
- The report is a result of several months
research and will confirm the likely explanation for the incidents which
led to the submission of Lieutenant-Colonel (subsequently Colonel) Charles
Halt's memo to the Ministry of Defence.
- Published for the first time, are details
of critical new documentary evidence which casts grave doubts on the claims
that a 'UFO' may have been witnessed by base personnel on separate occasions.
- Now proven beyond any dispute, despite
Colonel Halt's protestations that neither the security police or himself
would have been deceived by the lights from the nearby Orford Ness lighthouse
or Shipwash lightship, the lighthouse played a much more significant role
than was ever before realised.
- Although this fact was documented at
the time and was known to Colonel Halt and other key witnesses, it has
never previously been publicly disclosed by them.
- As a distinct aside, also encompassed
is revealing new evidence which illustrates how Larry Warren's claims have
changed dramatically from the statements he originally made whilst under
the pseudonym of Art Wallace.
- Further details will be available during
the next couple of days from my web site, at URL:
- Some of the case's foremost researchers
and others who provided invaluable feedback and assistance, have been made
aware of the findings and resulting conclusions, reactions including:
- "The witness statements are a valuable
addition to our knowledge about the case. As you rightly point out, they
undermine much of what the witnesses themselves later said, by which time
their own memories had presumably begun to fade and they had started to
elaborate on the story.
- I look forward to hearing other people's
reactions to your highly persuasive findings".
- Ian Ridpath, editor and publisher of
several leading books on astronomy and major critic of the 'UFO' claims.
- "Good for you sir, I think I've
just read my first journalistic article about the non-incident at RAF Woodbridge".
- Chris Armold, who served with the 81st
Security Police Squadron and reported the initial 'UFO' incident to local
- "Congratulation on your achievements.
- Rendlesham is at best half the case it
was and may turn out to have been little of any substance after all".
- Jenny Randles, one of Britain's leading
writers on the 'unexplained', she has written three books on the case.
- Jenny knows I share her disappointment
that a case we thought still had a number of unexplained aspects - particularly
the 'triangular' shaped craft reportedly encountered - evidently now calls
into question the reliability of even the most ostensibly credible witness