- Hi, my name is Tony Golbourn, one of
the group members of 'ELUFON', alongside Roy Hale and the rest of the gang.
- I would like to tell you about some recent
sightings witnessed by myself and another group investigator, Brian Jessop.
- On Sunday 11th October 1998, whilst standing
in my back garden at approx 1900 hrs, I spotted what I could only describe
as a gold orb traveling in a north easterly direction at an approximate
altitude of 2000ft.
- It is usual to see aircraft stacking
above my home, as it is located in one of the main flight paths for Heathrow
Airport. Whilst observing this object, I also noticed a satellite passing
over which due to the visible differences, convinced me that this was not
a satellite, because (for instance) it was brighter, bolder and moving
a lot faster.
- A few minutes later, I noticed two additional
orbs white in color traveling northwards. As they approached me, the one
on the right turned in a north easterly direction and the other carried
straight on north.
- Being as there was so much activity in
the sky, I decided to set my camcorder up. And surprise surprise all activity
- On the following evening on the 12th,
at approx 1845hrs I noticed as with the following evening, the gold orb
had returned, traveling the same route. I rushed in and grabbed my camcorder,
called Roy on the phone and went back to the garden.
- I then noticed another white orb which
whilst traveling became brighter. The size was similar to the end of a
pencil but gradually expanded to the size of a tennis ball and then seemed
to implode inwards and disappear altogether.
- This happened so quickly, that I was
unable to get it on film.I was so taken with this event, that I decided
to try and project a message directly to the orb and ask, that if this
was who I thought it was, then to please show me the gold orb again as
a form of confirmation.
- The gold orb re-appeared.
- Later that evening, I called another
group member 'Brian'. I relayed the events and my experience of that night.
Brian stopped me mid-sentence and told me that he was coming round. When
he arrived he was pretty excited, as when he was traveling home along a
road which leads to my home, he had spotted a bright white light, this
would be at approximately 1855 hrs.
- Brian who describes himself as a pretty
cautious driver, could not help but be distracted by this light, as as
it got closer he realized that it was a triangle shaped object.
- My wife Lynne also had a sighting last
week(detailed below) although she cannot be specific of the date and time.
- She was also in the garden, when she
noticed a bright light approaching, it was not a circular object but looked
like three balls of light linked together, the middle light being slightly
- As the object approached, it became so
bright that she had to avert her eyes. It passed over some thin cloud but
could still be seen, it then came back into full view. It then passed over
a smaller, cloud and just disappeared. Just after this, she heard and saw
a plane pass over, which made her realise, that the object she had seen
before, hadn't made a sound.
- Myself and Brian have been studying sightings
in the Walthamstow/Chingford area, and we would welcome any extra information
anybody might have about this sighting or indeed others. You can contact
us via e-mail on ELUFON@yahoo.com.uk all reports will be published in our
new face lifted Magazine "Down to Earth" and updates will be
kept fully informed of our progress.
- Tony Golbourn East London Investigator
for the Essex & London UFO Network
- All the best
- Quote of the night: Learn to be quiet
enough to here the sound of the genuine within yourself, so that you can
hear it in others:
- Marian Wright Edelman (1939) American