- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:25:02 -0800
- Subject: Kairos
- From: "Publisher" <email@example.com
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thanks for keeping your site up to date
regarding Project Kairos. I would point out that the proper URL to use
is www.The-Word-Is-Truth.org (you have an extra word on the end of your
link which takes viewers to the second-level page).
- In behalf of the authors, and for the
benefit of your audience, I will let you know that this initiative has
nothing to do with any sort of "NWO" or any other kind of control
strategy. It does not profess a new religion, and is not some new kind
of mystical babble. It is indeed an effort to communicate profound new
knowledge, from the "bottom up", at no cost to the reader. The
Internet publication will be complete and free. Printed book and DVD versions
will be sold at actual cost. There is no profit motive here.
- Of course, you'll be able to judge the
veracity of these assertions for yourself when the work is released. Until
then, I would encourage you to withhold judgement.
Our analysis of the Kairos website and book offer as of 10-9-98.
- If we wanted to come up with a 'NEW'
way to leverage and maximize a *relatively* small (appearing to be small?)
advertising budget, we could hardly do better than what they have done
so far. A little seeding with two ads and a website, and you have a great
troll line mechanism in place...and six weeks to lure/build attention.
Smart. Maximum leverage...utilizing other peoples' time and energy publicizing
"Kairos" for free on the net and elsewhere while trying to figure
it all out.
- A fishing drill. The website is the rod
and reel; the newspaper ads are the primary cast; then the chumming of
the water of the internet with 'clues'; the bait, of course, is the 'free'
book. A hardback book shipped to untold millions for free? We Doubt it.
This is an excellent demonstration of yet another new form of internet/media
- We still suggest, for the time being,
that the 'book' just may constitute a working first model of (at least
someone's idea of) the NWO 'religion' for the New Millenium. A new 'belief
system in a book' for the masses to be intrigued with and puzzle over for
years to come. If any of the 'big fellas' are behind this, we'll likely
see the mainstream media 'discover' it in the weeks to come and start to
pound the drums of intrigue about the Kairos 'mystery' book coming soon
to a mail box near you.
- We are betting the 'book' will be a synthesis
and derivative of pieces of everything from Sitchin to Hoagland to some
biblical angles as well. Above all, it will be an 'ET is real' book.
- There will likely be a major video/audio
marketing program which will arrive about the same time as the book is
released. The 'primary author' will get booked on a myriad of radio/tv
talk shows. Important: if HE/SHE/IT gets into the mainstream media with
any regularity, we'll probably then know from which level the 'Kairos'
stratagem originates...the top.
- We received the following email from Morgan Clements
- Subject: KAIROS ANSWERS
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 02:13:14 EDT
- Chris, I asked a few questions from the
publisher of Kairos and they somewhat answered a couple of them. I would
now place money betting that this new publication is probably akin to Dianetics
and is probably put out by the same people. Feel free to share my questions
and their answers, or lack thereof, with anyone.
- Morgan Clements <EarthComp1@aol.com
- Subj: Hello. Please respond.
- Date: 98-10-07 00:23:06 EDT
- From: email@example.com (Publisher
- To: EarthComp1@aol.com
- I am happy to answer what questions I
can. Please see my responses below. Feel free to post them around.
- From: EarthComp1@aol.com
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, EarthComp1@aol.com
- Subject: Hello. Please respond.
- Date: Mon, Oct 5, 1998, 8:33 PM
- You have a nifty website and a nifty
- Q: You are getting alot of bad press
on the internet, is this just a marketing ploy to get people to buy books
- A: This has nothing to do with Amazon.com.
It just so happens that they have the simplest way for people to order
- Q: There are several web sites where
people are expressing anger over your marketing efforts and apparently
some people are upset at the use of the word Kairos for this purpose...
though I do not understand why - I guess it has religious meaning for some
- particularly Koreans. If you will answer a couple of questions, tell
us what the book is and is not, I Think we can quell alot of the rumors
and bad press you are getting so quickly.
- Q: 1) Who is the author or authors, what
other publications are they creditied with?
- A: Many of the authors are credited with
some great works of science and historical research. They are not, however,
the authors of books referenced by the present site. I cannot reveal the
identities of the authors at this time. However, the principal author expects
to reveal his identity uponrelease in November.
- Q: 2) Is this a religious based publication
and have some religious powers paid the two or three hundred grand for
the advertising to date? If so Who? If not, then who did?
- A: This is a publication of rigorous
science-minded research and synthesis, which happens to have significant
implications for our interpretation of religion. The principal author is
spending the bulk of his net worth to communicate this to the world, at
a critical juncture. He expects no financial reward of any kind. All of
the contents will be available to everyone at no cost. There will be no
advertising or other sponsorship, subscription, or sale.
- Q: 3) Who is this publication targeted
at? Right now, it appears to be targeted at everyone, yet clearly some
of the beliefs and questions asked at the Kairos site do not appeal to
many other religions and belief systems...so, who are you targeting?
- A: It is targeted at every person in
the world, though budgetary limitations preclude worldwide marketing at
- Q: 4) The Kairos site is referring people
to Amazon.com with the apparent intent on getting people to buy certain
books... who gets the commission from these referrals? Will the Kairos
publication or book be available through Amazon.com, or everywhere? Who
is the publisher of the book ?
- A: As you will see from future clues,
this has nothing to do with book sales. The authors want those people so
inclined to prepare themselves to most appreciate the published content,
by reading referenced works. The publisher of the book will also reveal
his identity at the time of release.
- Q: 5) Can you please list some excerpts
from the publication to help people understand your goals...and intent.
This will help them see that you are not just out to scam people and instead
are trying to promote some free book which is what others have said that
you have stated.
- A: The authors would obviously rightly
receive nothing but derision and scorn if they chose to lie under the pretense
of such a blunt call for truth. There is NO scam here of any kind. Count
the costs of the marketing campaign you have and have yet to see, and ask
yourself why these people would spend this kind of money on a free book,
if they were not genuine in their intent? Nothing of the book can be released
- Q: 6) Who will be allowed to review the
book or publication prior to its public unveiling?
- A: There is a private group that will
have some early briefing on the substance of the book. No one, however,
will have access to it prior to release.
- Q: Right now the rumors range from a
simple devious marketing ploy that you are using this to market Amazon.com's
books, to the fact that maybe you are marketing a new B quality tv show
on UPN, or a even a movie....there has been one author who, personally,
has had to deny having anything to do with this project as well.
- You claim to be offering a free book-
if this is the case why make people wait untill right before thanksgiving
day? Why not make these valuable insights available immediately? These
are all questions that are being asked throughout the internet...and they
are coming up with their own answers...ones that are not favorable. Hurry
and make this information available, quickly please.
- A: I understand this phenomenon. I would
ask that people be patient, and spend their valuable time reading rather
than criticizing. The best way to find the answers you seek is to follow
the trail of clues. One thing is absolutely certain: whether you agree
or disagree with the final content, you will certainly not be disappointed
in the scope of the information communicated. Thanks for taking the time
to pose your questions.
- From: EarthComp1@aol.com
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Thanks for answering my questions.
- Date: Tue, Oct 6, 1998, 10:27 PM
- Thanks for your reply to my questions.
It will help your cause a little.
- Your answers or lack thereof are being
distributed to interested individuals. Can you answer one more question
- is this private group that you refer to associated with the Church of
Scientology? Will you confirm or deny this affiliation or refuse to confirm
or deny this affiliation please. Thanks very much for responding!
- Morgan Clements
- Subject: Re: Thanks for answering my
- Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 23:35:55 -0800
- From: "Publisher" <firstname.lastname@example.org
- To: EarthComp1@aol.com
- This is not in any way affiliated or
associated with the Church of Scientology. Whether there is any coincidental
intersection of Scientology beliefs and the research to be presented, I
don't know, because I am not familiar with the Scientology discipline.