- On 30 March, l998, I received an e-mail
message simply titled 'Blowing The Whistle - Roswell, from someone named
K---- G------. The message simply read " Ok, I know something about
the Santilli footage, I can identify without a shadow...Call me. K----
- I took me a while before I reached KG
on the phone and he went on to tell me an intriguing, but so far unconfirmed
story. I again interviewed KG on 11.6.98 this time tape recording the conversation.
- The following is an interview I conducted
with KG: Nothing has been deleted or added and the interview is complete.
- Philip Mantle: This is 11.6.98, Philip
Mantle (PM) and K---- G------ (KG)
- KG: Yep.
- PM: Philip Mantle and K---- G------.
- KG: Absoloutely.
- PM: Have you any objections to me tape
- conversation K----
- KG: I don't Philip, at all.
- PM: Do you mind if I publish it at all.
- KG: I don't mind if you publish it.
- PM: Right, OK. Well ,it was on 30 March,
l998, you originally
- e-mailed me K----.
- KG: Certainly, yes it was.
- PM: And, er, you claimed at that time
you had some information
- on the er, Roswewll film.
- KG: I certainly did.
- PM: First and formost can you give us
a bit of information on
- your background and then I'll ask you
- KG: OK, er, my background is primarily,
well certainly for the
- last, up until about 5 years ago, was
as a video games
- programmer, erm, I then came to work
for a company in Milton
- Keynes, which is where I now live, about
5 years ago, erm, as a
- video games programmer. They were actually
a hardware designing
- company. I erm, sort of worked my way
up through the eons of
- that company and until I was eventually
part of the management
- team, erm, and it was during the period
of working there, with a
- business contact that I first met the
people that we are gonna
- talk about.
- PM: OK. Now like I said, in your first
e-mail you askeds me to
- give you a all, which I did, aat that
time you told me you had
- some information about, er, the Santilli
film. Could you tell us
- what that information is please K----.
- KG: OK. Basically, erm, I had er, an
association, I had a
- colleague erm, that had an audio/visual
company, erm making, at
- the time they were making a lot of Karaoke
videos for third
- party publishers, erm, and soundtracks
for childrens films and
- that sort of thing. I actually first
came across this company
- erm, in the capacity as a games programmer,
erm, and in fact
- contracted them to provide music for
some video games that I was
- working on.
- Erm, I, er, I'm just trying to think
of the story,events here,
- I erm, I'd known, I got to know them
pretty well, I spent a lot
- of time working in their studios with
them while we were playing
- around with different ideas for theme
tunes for games and sound
- effects and so forth. So I would say,
most of the staff in there
- I was very well acquainted with and had
a very good relationship
- with the erm, owners of the company.
Erm, about, some time,
- about a year and a half ago I went to
actually visit this
- company, I hadn't seen them for a while,
it was all, it was just
- a social visit, just pop-in to see how
everybody was, and, while
- I was there the phone wrang, and, it,
erm, the secretary put the
- phone call to the colleague I was with,
the owner of the
- company, erm, who had a phone conversation
with Ray Santilli.
- Erm, when the phone, the conversation
had finished, I said to my
- colleague 'the Ray Santilli'. He said,well,
what do you mean
- 'the Ray Santilli', I said the guy with
the Roswell film. With
- that my colleague actually fell about
almost in hysterics, I
- mean he would have fallen of his chair
I think, given a chance,
- and he said didn't you realise we made
that. And I said well,
- hang on, no, no, no. He said, no, we
made that, didn't you
- recognise Elliot. And I said well, no,
quite frankly I didn't
- recognise anybody. Erm, and then, he
said er, well, you know, we
- made that, was Elliot.
- Amblings went on, carried on, and
- eventually he took me into the studio
and erm, he showed me a
- video tape of what, I didn't recognise
as being the Roswell
- footage, and he showed me some film,
but it was quite clearly I
- could see that the main character in
this footage was Elliot,
- who was one of the sound engineers there,
erm, but it wasn't
- what I recognised as the Roswell footage.
Erm, and then I sort
- of, I wasn't, at that time, that particularly
impressed, erm, I
- just thought well maybe he thought he'd
made something, but that
- wasn't the Santilli, certainly wasn't
the Santilli footage. Erm,
- and he gave me a copy of the video cassette
that they'd made but
- for some reason had never published,
erm, and I went off quite
- happy. Erm, one night I'm sat here, whenever
it was I first
- contacted you, Phil.
- PM: Erm, it was March the 30th.
- KG: March the 30th.
- PM: Yes.
- KG: I was sat in, sat in my office at
home, surfing the
- internet, and, I had no real contrived
or planned reason, just
- typed Roswell into Yahoo to do a search,
erm just to see, you
- know, see what the latest is, whatpeople
are currently thinking
- about the Roswell film. And I found a
page, erm, that was, erm,
- that was a web page, where they were
doing analysis of the tent
- footage. Now I'd never realised that
there were, I'd never
- followed the story close enough to know
that there different
- segments of footage and different pieces
of this so-called
- Roswell film, and erm, they had sort
of a web page analysis of
- the, of the Roswell footage on there,
on there, of the tent
- sequence, and I clearly identified that
tent sequence with the
- video that I'd seen.
- Well within about 10 minutes I was downstairs
- my video library trying to find this
video cassette that I'd
- been given, and basically matched up
frame for frame with the
- copy that I had which clearly showed
Elliot the sound engineer
- with the pages on the internet and sure
enough the tent footage
- was the same footage that claimed to
be made by erm, by my
- colleagues, and was undisputable that,
that was Elliot. I
- watched the film through and through
again and without a shadow
- of a doubt it was definitely Elliot and
it definitely matched up
- with the pages on the internet reporting
to be the tent footage;
- PM: Yes.
- KG: At which point, I thoght mmm, I should
inform somebody about
- this, and just found a few key figures,
that were er, that were
- erm, involved in investigating Roswell
from a UK end, and erm,
- sent you e-mail.
- PM: OK, is the name of this company --
- KG: -- -----.
- PM: Or is it --- -----.
- KG: No, --.
- PM: -- -----.
- KG: --, er,.-- actually stood for A---
and K---- which were the
- names of the two owners.
- PM: Right.
- KG: Erm, and they ceased trading earlier
- PM: And is one of those owners a chap
by the name of K----
- KG: K---- B------, yes, that's it...B------.
- PM: Ok, how did you know about the Roswell
film itself and make
- the connection with Santilli.
- KG: Erm, only from the original Channel
4 and the Fox
- televisions films, both of which I saw,
I used to travel a lot
- in America and I saw the Fox one and
I also saw the Channel 4
- one. Erm, and just, just loosely followed
it but hadn't paid any
- keen interest, I'm not what one would
call a ufologist or any
- such thing. So it wasn't with over keen
interest, but you know,
- it was something that just sits there
and you check now and
- again and see what's going on, but obviously
in those programmes
- they's interviewed Santilli and er, you
know, it was just one of
- those names that when I heard it crop
up, when I was at --
- -----, erm it was just one of those things
that wrung little
- alarm bells, hang on, Ray's in touch,
Santilli, there's a name I
- PM: Did your colleagues at -- ----- at
the time when you were in
- their office and Santilli phoned, did
they give you any other
- information about their dealings with
Santilli and selling the
- film to him or something of that nature.
- KG: I believe the film was made for a,
erm, was made, basically
- for another company. They were making
a video called, erm,
- something to do with the web, Beyond
the Web ?
- PM: Penetrating the Web ?
- KG: Penetrating the Web. Erm, it was
part two or something, and
- they were actually putting this video
together for them. Erm,
- they, now this is how I understood it,
they had shown the
- footage that they made to Ray Santilli
to which point Ray
- Santilli tried to but it, acquire it,
whatever. The upshot of it
- was, was that Penetrating The Web was
never released in the UK,
- at the the time it was made, and in fact
in the copy that I had
- was, pre-dated all of this by a year
or so, erm, Ray Santilli
- had then used this as part of his Roswell
collection and there
- had been sums of money passed hands to
make sure that it wasn't
- actually published as Penetrating The
Web, erm, at it's original
- scheduled release date.
- PM: Right, well Penetraing The Web was
released, are you aware
- of that.
- KG: I had no idea it was released over
here, I knew it had been
- released in Italy.
- PM: It's been released in the UK because
we have a copy.
- KG: Right, OK.
- PM: The gentleman who made that...
- KG: B---- B------.
- PM: B---- B------, do you know B----.
- KG: No ideas at all, I wouldn't know
him from Adam.
- PM: He told us at the time that he'd
bought it from a third
- party, but he wouldn't say who. So you're
saying that -- -----
- made it especially for B---- B-------
- KG: However it happened, but I believe
that it was originally
- made for B---- B------, I wouldn't confirm
that, but that's as I
- believe it.
- PM:OK, very interesting. Any information
you'd like to add.
- KG: I can't think of anything else I'd
would like to add, I
- can't think of anything else at all really.
- PM: Do you still have a copy of the video
that was given to you.
- KG: No I don't unforunately, I'm trying
to get it back, it was
- give to Bob Kravitz, Bob bo..