- Note - We received several emails from
alarmed people after 'Father' Charles Moore appeared on the Art Bell program,
11-26/27, claiming that the Fatima Prophecy was known to him and that it
stated the world would be destroyed by an asteroid on 6-30-99. The first
email below is a criticsm of Mr. Moore's comments. Following that is an
example of the alarm Moore's statement created. Responses are invited.
- Hi Jeff,
- Since your listeners are jumping in on
"Father Charlie" as he is known to many of his established listeners,
so will I.
- I heard the entire Art Bell show with
Father Charlie. Also, Father Charlie has been a frequent guest on a Northern
California talk show which is a type of new age spiritual show and very
good. Anyway, Father Charlie has been on so many times I can't even begin
to count them. Plus, he has been the keynote speaker at two special events
that I know of which were held over the past two years in Northern California.
I attended both events to personally question Father Charlie, to meet him
and to get a better take on him. Here is my report.
- There is no doubt that Father Charlie
has incredible knowledge about these subjects and far more so than he talked
about on Art's show. I questioned him about the Vatican library on UFOs,
and also the Knights Templar, and the guy really knows his stuff and is
well-spoken. But that is not all.
- In person, Father Charlie gets right
'in your face.' He is one of these guys who says a thousand words without
really saying anything. And when you are finished with him, you know he
has said 'something' to you...and you 'feel' that he has answered your
question and given you great information and knowledge.
- I suspected Father Charlie to be some
type of disinformation expert from the Church...or some other source...and
that is why I went to meet him and ask questions in person. My feelings
were only amplified after having met and questioned him, plus hearing others
question him. This getting 'in your face' strategy can be very intimidating
and can easily make someone back off or be satisfied with a partial or
- Bottom line for me: I would not trust
the guy as far as I could throw him. He is well spoken, extremely intelligent,
very articulate and a powerhouse of knowledge. However, his style, his
way of doing things, how he says nothing by saying a lot, etc, just make
me think he is not being totally truthful...but intentionally misleading
- Whether all this is being done on behalf
of the Church, I have no idea. If it is on behalf of another entity or
agency, that seems possible. It is also possible that he is on the level,
but I don't believe it.
- This is a guy who requires that you have
to have your 'discernment protectors' kicked in full blast. He can out-talk
99% of us and he has knowledge that we don't have - a deadly combination
for someone if their job is to mislead, control, direct, or even worse,
manipulate for an agenda.
- For the record, I am not Christian or
Catholic. I am Jewish by birth but perhaps a bit more spiritual (at least
I would like to think so) than traditionally religious. I don't buy into
the 'end of the world' doomsday crapola that so many people think is about
to be upon us. I look for facts and evidence and have a strong faith and
spiritual bent but with tons of common sense and, I hope, discernment.
- I also believe in 'good' and 'positive
energy' and while I can't explain why horrible things happen to we humans
around the world, I also am unable to make the leap to a doomsday explanation
or prediction. While I can be duped, and no doubt have been, I am watchful
of those who claim or seem to have "all the answers"...and Father
Charlie seems to fit right into this latter category.
- As far as the show goes, it was entertaining
and Art always advises people to use their own common sense and judgement.
To the degree that people take this information as the gospel truth and
have it ruin their day, perhaps that says more about the listener than
the guest, which in this case is Father Charlie ( but could be any number
- For me, I love both your show and Art's,
but I don't set aside my brain or my heart when I hear the various guests
talk their talk with either Art or you. Having written a book, having a
PhD, being an "expert," having more information or knowledge
than me about something, and being on your show or the Art Bell Show, does
not automatically mean that the guest is truthful, factual, correct or
a host of other things. Regardless, it can always be entertaining and it
can always be educational for there is something to learn from just about
everything, even nonsense.
- Having listened to your show and Art's
for years, I have learned to be a much better thinker, to be independent
in my analysis and thought and to exercise a high degree of discernment.
I suggest that all listeners to these shows and others like them learn
to use their same skills for not to do so leads to fear, manipulation and
truly 'bad hair days' in some cases.
- Good forum and keep it up.
- Jack Schaefer
- Sender: jogill@Mail.aloha.net
- Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 00:05:44 -0800
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- From: Joseph Gill <firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: "THE END OF EARTH"
- Dear Jeff Rense,
- Below are my comments on Art Bell's show
of Nov. 26-27 with "Father"
- Charles L. Moore...
- We have to remember that Art's show is
strictly entertainment with some
- occasional truths mixed in. If you forget
this, just remember:
- 1. The alleged color pictures of the
'Face on Mars' from the so-called 'JPL
- employee' (a bogus story which I helped
Hoagland clear-up. He referred to
- me as "my unnamed investigator in
- 2. The alleged 'physicist' from the University
Of Hawaii who said, the
- FERMI LABS south of Chicago were going
to blow up the entire solar system
- outward to some 30 light years (wherein
I called up this supposed
- physicist's boss who promptly told me
he was an embarrassment to the entire
- University and because of tenure was
hard to dismiss. Further, he said the
- man was in the Psychology Deparment,
NOT the Physics Department)
- 3. The Hale-Bopp 'companion' fiasco courtesy
of Courtney Brown
- 4. The hoaxed recent EQ Pegasi 'radio
signals' from an approaching
- spaceship deep in the cosmos, and the
pending December 7th 'landing' in
- Arizona per Richard Hoagland's ever-imaginative
- 5. Ed Dames' litany of 'remote viewed'
- 6. The current Dr. Reed 'dead ET' and
- 7. The infamous Area 51 phone caller
who was supposedly 'obliterated' while
- talking on the air.
- 8. Etc., etc., etc
- Some truth...and a lot of fiction.
- Some of my observations of "Father"
Charles L. Moore ARE as follows:
- (NOTE - the time of his comments during
the Art Bell show are read from the
- Real Audio timekeeper i.e. (1:43), so
you may go hear them yourself more
- 1) There is an approaching asteroid that
will hit and destroy Earth June
- 30, 1999 (1:42)
- A. States this event is revealed by Graham
Hancock in his
- recent book "The Mars Mystery"
(1:43). An interesting book, as I have
- found to be the case will all his books,
both nonfiction and fiction.
- Moore says this will happen in June,
according to Hancock, when we pass
- through more meteor showers but has not
checked the date himself (2:10)
- but yet is releasing this end-of-the-Earth
prediction to millions of
- listeners without checking!
- B. States this is revealed by Nostradamus
to happen July 6,
- 1999, for which he gives NO reference!
- C. States this is revealed by the recently
- Secret of Fatima', for which he gives
NO reference and says it was from
- "Some news release that he can not
remember." (1:41). Later, he tells Art
- he has no intention of finding this official
release from the Vatican, but
- in the mean time he will continue to
scare the Hell out of everyone.
- D. Moore confesses there are major problems
- even Revelations itself (3:45).
- 2) Moore claims Noah's flood was the
previous such extinction event and
- that it happens every 30 million years.
Then he says shamans have been here
- 3.5 million years and man was created
300,000 years ago (1:44-1:48). Do
- you really believe Noah's flood was 30
million years ago?
- 3) Moore said when the asteroid hits
the earth's oceans it will send giant
- waves over the world for a full year.
He says, "this information is from
- those 'people in the know'" for
which he again gives NO reference
- (2:13-2:14). I can comment here that
with my own background as a teacher of
- Earth Sciences at Harvard University
that such ocean waves would calm well
- within the first month. Simple logic
would make you question Moore here.
- 4) (1:08 & again at 1:36) Moore says
he was ordained as a priest in 1964
- and was an attorney trained at Stanford
(what an appropriate combination).
- Moore later defines priests as per the
"Forbidden Secret" (2:48) as THE
- SACRIFICERS and goes on to say:
- A. The Priest's tool is the knife.
- B. He is the sacrificer and he kills.
- C. He obtains his POWER by getting his
victims to consent to being
- D. His job is to give God a good reputation.
- Later, (4:10) he says, "The church
is giving God a bad reputation." I note here from my own study of
hundreds of books and years of world travel that priests of Egypt, the
Mayans, Celts, and Hebrews, etc, all were THE SACRIFICERS; and this is
still happening today, both in reality and symbolically. So, the Question
is, do you think we should trust a SACRIFICER and an attorney who can not
give references about the alleged date of the end of the Earth? The Judas
goat (priest) gets his flock of sheep in his parish to run in blind terror.
- Jeff, you know from my three visits to
your fine radio show (www.sightings.com) that I am NO Christian, but have
devoted my life to searching for the single TRUTH, and have a massive private
library of thousands of rare books and have traveled to 70 countries, been
a Professor, and been a Director at the prestigious Sotheby's, the largest
art auction house in the world.
- Perhaps Moore means well...but he seems
woefully ill-prepared to make any announcement concerning the alleged upcoming
end of the world as we know it. Sitchen, for whom I have great respect,
I am sure would be disappointed in Moore's comments.
- Joseph Gill
- I invite you to post this to your web
- Joseph O. Gill
- 88-1651 Papa Bay Estates
- Captain Cook, Hawaii 96704
- Phone 808-328-2628 OR 328-2465
- Note - The following in an example of
some of the email reaction to Mr.
- Moore's statements. We have not corrected
- Subj: NEWS FLASH: G Hancock et al., PREDICT
6/30/99 END OF THE WORLD!!
- Date: 11/27/98 6:39:29 PM Pacific Standard
- From: (on file)
- Dr. Charles L. Moore is a Catholic priest
in good standing with the
- Catholic Church and is an attorney. He
has had a close relationship with
- Zecharia Sitchin for several years. He
believes and AVOCATES both the
- accuracy and REALITY of ALL of Sitchin's
- Moore reports that the Third Secret of
Fatamia has been released recently
- by the Vatican to Italia (I am trying
to locate it).
- He reported last night on the Art Bell
Radio Show that it marks JUNE 30,
- 1999 as THE date for the the END OF THE
WORLD, i.e., "ALL BUT THOSE DEEP
- UNDERGROUND WILL PARRISH." (We assume
he means 'perish' here -ed) He also
- claimed that this even/date was also
predicted (complete with statistical
- work-up and documentation) by G. Hancock
in his recently releases book.
- This is a mind blower report that is
archived and available via Real Audio at:
- Thur/Fri Nov. 26/27
- Real Adio's Real Player may be downloaded
free at (long route):
- Web Site Services
- Radio Program Archives
- Broadcast.com's Art Bell Page (about
1/3 down the page)
- Art Bell Archives
- Nov '98 (Thur/Fri Nov. 26/27)
- I highly recomment listening to the entire
3 plus hours of Moore's
- appearance on Bell's show last nite...IT
IS WORTH THE TIME!!
From a purely Christian perspective, I would like to note that whatever
the so-called "third secret of Fatima" is (or is not), there
is little chance that it pertains to the absolute "end of the world,"
much less the notion that anyone that is not living deep underground will
perish! This is by no means part of judeo-christian prophecy.
- First, the entire purpose of the Apocalypse
of St. John is to make it abundantly clear that despite the inevitable
periods of tribulation to come upon the earth, both from the wrath of Satan
(having been cast down) and that of God in the great tribulation upon a
recalcitrant, faithless, evil world in unified opposition to Him, there
will be survivors of all nations who enter what is known as the "kingdom
period" (when Christ returns to rule the earth in peace and righteousness)
mortal, alive and in the flesh; And these are never depicted as people
who lived underground! This time will include a refurbishing of the earth,
an end to pollutions and war. (note: the 'final" and ultimate cataclysm
which renews the heavens and the earth in fire, as shown in 2 Peter and
Revelation chapter 20-22 take place -after- one thousand years of peace
and the reign of Christ as king on earth. Not imminent at all!)
- Second, the Lord Jesus Christ makes it
clear in Matthew 24 that despite all the terrors and troubles of the 'last
days' that even at the time of the "great" tribulation -- "such
a time has not been upon earth since the beginning, nor shall be again"
-- those days have been "cut short" in the plan of God "for
the sake of the elect, lest there be no flesh left alive upon the earth."
The so-called "end of the world" is averted by the coming of
Christ, and Christ and the prophets make this clear. "World without
end, amen" is one of the cornerstone teachings of the church. Yes,
the world as we know it will come to a close, but a cataclysm against mankind,
in his present state, which entirely wipes life off the earth save those
who live underground is nowhere in Jewish or Christian prophecy.
- We have several of the horsemen of the
Apocalypse with us now and have for many centuries, slowly, gradually bringing
mankind toward the consummation of the ages. War, famine, pestilence and
eventually global economic collapse and restructuring under the authority
of a end-times "king" of great evil who will meet his end quickly.
Yes, there will by cataclysms... many of them, according to the Revelation
of John and the other prophets. But by no means is it the 'end of the world'.
It will be the beginning of an everlasting kingdom of peace and truth,
by Christ the perfect victor of all, who will rule the world in justice.
- Fatima Schmatima! We've got bigger problems
to wrestle with on earth than the so-called "end of the world"
preached by some questionable spiritual apparition in Portugal. Also note,
that when Jonah was told by God to prophecy against Nineveh regarding impending
judgement, and refused, he wound up swallowed by a great fish. The Fatima
documents were to be revealed to the world in 1960 and the Pope at that
time refused to do it. Just something to think about in comparison.
- From Jason Leigh
- Dear Jeff,
- Allow me (if you will) to make a response to the "End
of the World" article posted herein, concerning the prediction of
one Mr. Charles Moore, taken from an appearance on the Art Bell Show.
- First. I would highly recommend (and agree with) James
Neff's posted 'response' to everyone, as he very masterly relates his beliefs;
based upon Holy fact.
- Second. It seems that there are too many of these "Doomsday
Seers" lurking about upon the airwaves of late. This worries me -
none in the least - fore it could be one on the "signs of the times."
- Third. Mr. Moore and a Mr. Morton (both on the Art Bell
Show) seem to base their 'predictions' upon careful study of the great,
Nostradamus (Michael de Nostradame), who has an accuracy rating of between
80 to 84%.
- Fourth. It has been related by Mr. Moore that the Earth
will be bombarded by an "asteroid" on July 30, 1999.
- Mr. Moore, perhaps, is reflecting a prediction, or predictions,
from Nostradamus and from NO OTHER SOURCE.
- Point-of-fact: Nostradamus relates, in Century 1, Quatrain
#16: "When the fish pond that was a meadow shall be mowed, Sagittarius
being in the ascendant, Plague, Famine, Death by the military hand, The
Century approaches renewal."
- * Professor Henry C. Roberts, the leading interpreter
of the Quatrains of Nostradamus from 1947 suggests the following meaning
for #16: "In 1999, as the old century is about to expire, between
November 23rd and December 21st., the climactic War of Wars shall be unleashed."
- Does "Famine," seem to be a mistake by Nostradamus
with "Fatima?" That could be a defense by Mr. Moore. ;)
- In Conclusion:
- A) "Famine," seems logically to follow, "Death."
Not, "Fatima," nor the 'prophecies' thereof. This is nothing
more than yet another, "Doomsday" approach to instill fear and
malcontent, which influences certain people to buy books along that line:
to support the author. B) God's truth - is free of charge . . . C) Being
a 'proven clairvoyant' myself (and somewhat dubious of the term) allow
me to present Century VIII, Quatrain #16, from the Great Nostradamus: "In
the place where Jason carried his ship to be built, So great a flood shall
be and so sudden, That there shall be neither place nor land to save themselves,
The waves shall climb upon the Olympic Fesulan." * The recent floods
in southern and central Texas? (Central America)?
- And from Century II, #46: "After a great human change,
another greater is near at hand. The great motor, reneweth the ages, Rain,
blood, milk, famine, sword, plague, In the Heavens shall be seen a running
fire with long sparks." * Leonid meteor shower?
- ** There is another mention of the month of July, 1999,
by Nostradamus, which I will gladly post here as a follow up...or, we can
leave that to another scholar of the Great Prophet, Nostradamus, who was
actually a very righteous man--with God - and his fellow man and woman.
- *** An "asteroid" Will NOT destroy the Earth
on July 30, 1999. This is my prediction, based upon my own 'feeling' of
- Sincerely in Truth,
- Jason Leigh
- November 29, 1998 AD