- Note - I received this from a source personally very
close to the Apollo 12 Astronauts
- Apollo 12
- Nov 14-24, 1969
- Richard F. Gordon, Pete Conrad, Alan Bean
- Mission duration 10 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes.
- Neither Alan Bean nor Pete Conrad saw anything UFO or
ET on the moon. Alan and I have discussed this a number of times.
- In fact, none of the three crew members on that mission
ever saw a UFO before, during, or after the mission. I was with Alan and
Gordon, the pilot orbiting the moon during the mission, and we discussed
the UFO topic at some length.
- Frankly, they don't have a lot of patience for theories
and rumors about their 'sightings' on the mission to the moon or any other
space mission they were involved in.
- Regarding the camera, Alan caught a lot of ribbing about
it and still considers it to be perhaps the only failure of the mission.
It was a new piece of tech, and no, it was not designed to look at the
sun for any length of time. As he was handling the camera, he pointed
it at the sun for just a moment and burned out a critical element.
- Everything else went perfectly on the mission check sheet
and Alan and Pete were very proud of that accomplishment.
- FYI, they never got a UFO/ET briefing by NASA before
the moon shot...it never came up.