- Original Report: 8-14-99 Location: Logan Village. Bobermien
Road Duration of sighting: 20 minutes, Time: 9.15pm
- (Source: 1800 Freecall Australian UFO Research Network
- Observation: 45 degrees to the horizon, Direction:Westerly
- Jimboomba Township Shape: Ferris wheel, Size: 50 cent
piece at arms length, Lights: Colour white, 50 or more Weather: Some cloud
mostly clear, Number of witnesses: 6 The UFO was seen by 15 people from
all different locations of southern
- Brisbane. To date we have not been able to identify it.
- SOLVED: 12-24-99
- While everyone was wrapping their Christmas presents
Rob & I went out to wrap up a mystery after receiving a phone call
from Shanna regarding a sighting that was happening right there and then.
Some list members may remember the OZ UFO Ferris Wheel that occurred August
14th 1999. The AUFORN UFO Hotline received a call from Sharnna to say
it was back. Rob & I decided to go and investigate to see if we could
solve this mystery once and for all.
- The last time it was sighted it stayed around for some
40 minutes so we took a hunch and drove out to the area in hope of catching
a glimpse of this elusive UFO and Bingo we found it.
- It's always good to solve a UFO mystery, especially one
that has caused so many sightings reports. Thanks to Robert Frola's great
eyes, and my driving, we finally found the light source.
- It was local resident and business person Mr Cameron
McGregor of North Maclean. He owned up to being the captain of the 'Ferris
Wheel spaceship.' When we told him we had been looking for the light source
for quite sometime he gave out a great big belly laugh and said, "You're
lucky, I was just about to turn it off."
- Mr Cameron said the night of 14th August 1999 he and
his wife were celebrating her 50th birthday. Her present was a laser light
show with two very big Griven Tracer 4000w lasers which can be visible
for up to 20 Kilometers away. Each has 4000w HMI lamp and you can be use
them in all kinds of weather.
- Mr Mc Gregor said in future he will drop us a line so
we know where he will be. He said he didn't realize how much trouble the
lights would cause. He said it was a new business, "I started it only
four months ago."
- On a couple of occasions the police have come out to
ask him to kill the light show due to their Emergency OOO line was being
inundated with calls from concerned residents.
- Cameron informed us the places in which he had been in
the last 4 months.
- Ispwich twice: (1) Council party (1) Happy hour at one
of the local pubs Toowoomba: Just after the carnival of flowers it was
such a clear night the lights were seen by some one at Stradbroke Island.
- Carindale: Calamvale: Jimboomba:
- Beenleigh: Greenbank: Browns Plans:
- Main Event Warning "NEW YEARS EVE Street PARTY"
JIMBOOMBA ( 2 by 4000w Griven Tracers will be putting on a show)
- Thankyou to CWM Productions Hire Mr McGregor for being
such a good sport about it all. If you would like to hire the Tracers laser
lights you can call. Ph/Fax 061 7 32000529 or Mobile 0413 612267
- Griven Skyrose 2500w
- The popular wider angle multi-beam high power sky projector,available
in HMI 1200 or 2500 lamp version. Beam rotation speed, scanning speed and
- amplitude, strobe and black-out are controllable from
on board controls or remotely via 0-10V controller. As with all Griven
sky-projectors,fully weatherproofed.Power factor correction on the HMI
- Griven Tracer 4000w Our highest power multi-beam sky
projector with ten degree beam,visible at up to 20 Km distance, dependent
on ambient light and atmospheric conditions. On board or remote(0-10V)
control of beam rotation speed,scanning amplitude and scanning speed as
well as strobe and black-out.Polyurethane finish and completely weatherproofed.The
projector head and mount can be separated from the base unit.A lamp timer
is incorporated,as its power factor correction.
- Discharge lamp 4000W/SE
- Nett weight
- Guide to typical throw distance
- 15-20 Km
- Mains power supply
- Control signal and number of channels
- 0-10V 4 CH
- Beam Angle
- Manual adjustment
- Regards Diane Harrison
- Director Of The Keith Basterfield Network Australasia
- Co Director of The Australian UFO Research Network
- Australian Skywatch Director
- THE KEITH BASTERFIELD NETWORK
- (A Non-Profit Organization)
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: email@example.com
- THE AUSTRALIAN UFO RESEARCH NETWORK
- (A Non-Profit Organization)
- PO Box 805
- Springwood Qld 4127
- Australian UFO Research Network Hotline Number
- 1800 77 22 88 Freecall
- Disclaimer: The Keith Basterfield List Owners are not
- responsible for the content or misuse of this list.
- However, personal insults, flaming will not be tolerated.