- A top-secret Government research
base was used to store alien bodies after their UFO crashed in a remote
Welsh valley, it was claimed yesterday.
- The mysterious craft came down in the Berwyn Mountains,
Clwyd, according to a new book by top UFO investigator Nick Redfern.
- In a chilling echo of the infamous Roswell Incident in
New Mexico, scores of troops were dispatched on a secret mission to recover
- One soldier, quoted in the book under the pseudonym James
Prescott, was ordered to Llandderfel with four others and loaded two oblong
boxes into their armoured truck.
- They then ferried the bodies back to the Chemical and
Biological Defence Establishment at Porton Down near Salisbury, Wilts,
under strict orders not to stop for anything.
- Retired Mr Prescott, who is too afraid of reprisals to
be named, said: "Once inside, the boxes were opened by staff at the
faculty in our presence. We were shocked to see two creatures which had
been placed inside decontamination suits.
- "It was obvious the creatures were not of this world
and, when examined, were found to be dead.
- "The bodies were about five to six feet tall, humanoid
in shape, but so thin they looked almost skeletal with a covering skin.
- "Although I did not see a craft at the scene of
the recovery, I was informed that a large craft had crashed and was recovered
by other military units."
- Farmer Huw Lloyd, 39, was a boy of 14 watching TV at
home in nearby Llandrillo on the night of the crash in January 1974. He
said there was a huge bang followed by a tremor and a blinding blue light.
- Huw recalled: "I was amazed at how quickly the police
responded and how many people came here."
- The incident has remained classified and the Ministry
of Defence refuses to comment.
- Details were uncovered by expert Mr Redfern after years
of research and are published in his book Cosmic Crashes.